Wednesday 10/5/22 Announcements
Today’s Lunch: Chicken Drumstick Biscuit
- There will be a History Club meeting on Friday October 7 in Room 9 during 5A lunch
- Science Club members – Fannie Mae order forms need to be turned in to Mr. Servis by Tuesday, October 11th
- We will be having a Flu shot clinic on October 20th. Forms are available on the office ledge. Please take forms home to be filled out and signed by your parent.
- Nurse Denise is still missing Freshman physicals and Senior meningitis vaccines. If proof of these are not provided by October 15th students will be sent home from school until the papers have been turned in.
- Anyone interested in winter sports – girls basketball, boys basketball and wrestling, please stop by the office and sign up on the sheets on the office window
- Picture retakes will be Monday, October 17th
- There will be a Student Council meeting during 5A/5B on Thursday
- Students – you are not allowed to walk to the primary school after school and get on the bus. You must take the shuttle.
- This month we are celebrating art in the library. If you like to draw, join Miss Shaffer in a daily art challenge. Follow the daily theme outside the library and turn it in to be shown in the library. We are also going to be having a Tiny Art Show. Students can pick up a mini canvas in the library and create a piece of art to be displayed in the library. Canvases are due back to Miss Shaffer by Wednesday, October 12. If you have any questions, please see Miss Shaffer in the library.
- The Volleyball team will be holding a bake sale and t-shirt sale beginning this Thursday to benefit their Volley for a Cure game
- Attention seniors- Eastern Illinois University will be here on October 27th. If you want to attend a meeting with their representative, please sign up with Mrs. Harbourn. They will be in the library during your 5B study hall.
- It’s time to VOTE! The mid-term elections are coming and Tazwell and Mason County representatives are going to be visiting Wednesday, October 5th during B lunch to register 18 year old students to vote! You’ll need 2 forms of identification (but the school has a copy of your birth certificate, so you only need one). Be a part of our democracy and register to vote!
- Juniors- if you are interested in taking the PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday, October 12th, you will need to see Mrs. Harbourn. The test costs $17 and is a great preparation for the SAT.